About this role
Do you have an impressive portfolio of B2B website designs? Are you excited by the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with clients in complex and often high-growth B2B sectors like AI, SaaS, manufacturing and professional services? Do you have the skills to help our clients realise their brands full potential through beautiful web and content design?
If the answer is yes, we'd love to hear from you because we're looking for a digitally focused designer with a passion for delivering beautiful websites and user experiences.
Of course you'll need to demonstrate your ability to design, matched to our clients and their buyer personas but we're also looking for evidence that you can multitask, meet tight deadlines and collaborate effectively with colleagues and clients.
Above all you'll want to be in an environment where taking the initiative rather than waiting to be told, and self-learning and problem solving are in a culture.
- As part of our core delivery team you’ll work with a website marketing consultant and other specialists including SEO, CRO, paid media, front-end developers, data managers and HubSpot technology experts to:
- Wireframe and mockup revamped or brand new site pages and present to colleagues and clients.
- UI design website pages and digital assets, such as ebooks, videos, social media images and other marketing materials
- Consider and develop user experiences for digital tools, such as calculators, booking journeys and online transactions
- Proactively scope and present new ideas to improve our own and client website experience for prospects, leads, and customers
- Work closely with our content and strategy teams to define roadmaps for the presentation of content and delivery of web experiences that support the overall goals of clients
- Become the agency’s go-to person for website design and UI trends
- A broad portfolio showing a wide variety of website designs and interactive web elements at least some of which are for B2B clients
- Minimum two years in a similar design/UI/UX role in a B2B environment
- A year or more agency experience
- Some ability to use CSS and HTML
- Working knowledge of WordPress or other CMS
- A good understanding of UX processes, UI design principles and accessibility standards across a range of devices
- Proficiency in using Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Demonstrable experience working with design systems and creating prototypes, using tools such as Figma, Sketch or Adobe
- Great communications skills
- Ability to break tasks down and plan your own time to meet deadlines
Nice to have
- Experience using client brand guidelines created by other agencies
- Experience working in B2B manufacturing, tech such as AI or SaaS, professional services or TICC sectors
Why join Axon Garside?
- We are on a fast-growth trajectory with a team of ambitious people. There is the opportunity to grow this role to become head of design and UX and we’ll need you to help us recruit a junior designer to work with you very soon. If that’s you, you’ll have regular appraisals and be working with like-minded self-starters who share your approach to their work.
- There’s an annual training budget, personal development plans and in-house, HubSpot and external training to help everyone to develop their career as well as to provide our clients with an ever-better service
- We have a flexible approach to work with hybrid working, flexible hours and an extra day off for your birthday. When you’re in the office we have a great working environment in the heart of the Northern Quarter (dogs, snacks and beer - of course) but plenty of scope to work at home too.
- We only work with brands and companies that we love because life is too short to work with people who aren’t keen to be better. Our clients all have innovative products or approaches to business, high growth potential and crucially, a culture of respect for their customers, employees and partners. They want to do the right thing, to grow fast and to enjoy what they do.
- Our business is committed to playing its part in the community with extra days off available for volunteering and community work and a cycle to work scheme
ABOUT AXON GARSIDE
HubSpot and inbound marketing is one of the fastest-growing sectors in digital marketing - and Axon Garside is one of only a handful of agencies in the UK to be awarded HubSpot Diamond Partner status. Our B2B client base includes fast-growing disruptors in sectors like tech and professional services as well as large multinational businesses based across the UK.
Our culture places a premium on learning, inquiry, a willingness to try new things and to take responsibility, trust, teamwork and the ambition to continually get better at what we do. If you love tech, design and all things digital, and are a problem solver who enjoys change and challenge: we might have the job for you. If you are looking for predictability and well-trodden paths, maybe not!